Friday, May 9, 2014

We Are The In Crowd signing

So as you may or may not know, I have been living in Florida. And living here has brought a lot of awesome experiences, like the one I'm going to tell you about today (the story isn't too long so don't click that x button just yet). So a few months ago one of my favorite bands, We Are The In Crowd, was doing a signing at Zumiez at one of the local malls here by my apartment building. Well me and a girl who I've become pretty good friends with over the last few months found out about the WATIC signing via Facebook (it was actually good for something, I know shocker) and since the band was only going to do like 300 signing we decided to leave and try to be at the mall before it opened so we knew for sure we had a spot in line and that we were getting that signed poster (we were determined). We got to the mall at like 9:00am thinking we had the right location, well we didn't. We ended up waiting for about 2 or 3 hours before we thought to ask someone if the signing was happening or not (there was one at the place we were at but it happened the day before) but luckily we still had plenty of time and the other location wasn't but about 10 minutes away from where we were. After finding out we had the wrong location we literally booked it to where we were suppose to be, and some how managed to find a parking stop that was very close where the store was (the parking lot was literally so full we thought about just making our own parking space), but we somehow got lucky. We ran to find the store and sure enough when we turned the corner, we saw the line. The signing started at 1:00pm and we probably made it there by about 12 and to our surprise, the line had maybe 20 people in it.. Now I know that WATIC isn't a very big band in the music scene here (I'm not sure why though because they are amazing) and that fact that the signing was on a Sunday, but I thought that at least 100 people would have shown instead of maybe 30. While we were waiting on the band to get there, the people hosting the event had so much going on the pass the time, (there twerking contests, rap battles, random questions, whatever you can think of and who ever won got free stuff), they made the wait in line, in the heat pretty fun. WATIC showed up and everyone who was waiting was excited. We went through the line and got the poster they had signed by each member and Tay told me she liked my shift (I had bought the Weird Kids shirt by Glamour Kills earlier that day at the other location) and I took some pretty stalker like pictures of the band (we weren't allowed to take pictures with the band for whatever reason) and waited around for a bit and then snuck a picture with Jordan (shhh don't tell). And after that it was time for us to head back and start getting ready for work. WATIC was playing a show here in Orlando that night, but sadly due to work I couldn't go. But now that they are playing Warped Tour, I will be seeing them in a few months and I'm so excited! Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get a picture with the whole band this time.. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment