Sunday, December 29, 2013

Warped Story

The lights go dim, your heart starts to race, the excitement rushing through your veins; "this is it, this is finally happening" you think to yourself as the Intro song starts. The veil between you and your heroes is dropped as the fist chord of the first song begins. You're so filled with excitement that you begin jumping up and down and singing and screaming and crying all at the same time. You've dreamed about this day for years and it's finally here. All the listening to song after song on repeat, the patiently waiting for the next album and music videos, watching YouTube videos obsessively to try to prepare for this moment that has finally come. The show was the best show you've ever been to, not to mention it was your favorite band playing. You were able to sing alone to every song, including the new single that was put out last month. It was the time of your life. You've taken loads of pictures and used all the money you brought with you on merch. As you leave the venue, all sticky and sweaty from being in the pit, you have the biggest smile on your face and you know that this is a night that you will not soon forget. And this is the story of my first time seeing All Time Low, A.K.A my favorite band.

The date was July 26, 2012. I had just graduated from high school and had decided to treat my self and attend Warped Tour for the first time ever! Now Warped is an experience all in itself, so I'll leave that story for another day. Anyways, it was a hot summer's day and I had been outside in this awful Georgia heat all day long. It's bad enough being out in the heat by yourself, but when you are surrounded by thousands of people for roughly 9 hours, woah buddy does it get hot! As I was waiting in line for the gates to open, you will never believe who I saw ride by on bikes. Jack and Rian (and I think I saw Alex walking around later that day). Now when I first saw them I thought they were just some of the roadies, but once it registered in my head of who it was, I just had to tell every one. I must have texted about five or six different people (my parents included, even though they really didn't know who they are) and some were jealous and others could really care less. Once the gates had opened and I got in, it was time to start watching bands play! I saw all the bands I had came for (with the exception of one because of a timing issue and tough choices) and it was now time to wait for the band I had came to see, All Time Low. I so badly wanted to be in the pit for them and thought that if I stood in the back while the band that was currently playing, which was Pierce The Veil, that then most of the people currently in the pit would clear out. Boy was I wrong.. If anything, the pit became more crowded! But I somehow got lucky and was able to get maybe four people back from the front row. The crowd was wonderful. We all jumped and sang along in harmony. Alex picked on Jack like normal. Zack was shirtless and was playing with his pink bass. Rian doing his thing on the drums. Flyzik doing the thing that he does. It was absolutely perfect. Alex even called someone out for trying to leave early. The crowd was so big (like the actual arena part was full) that is almost seems like everyone at Warped that day was there just for the purpose to see All Time Low, and who could blame them? 

The day all in all was literally the best day ever. From the drive there to that sad drive back home. Of course I spent all the money I had taken with me on band shirts, but come on I was doing some school shopping while I was there too. I will never forget that day, and I hope I am able to go back to Warped this year (of course depending on the line up). 

No comments:

Post a Comment